Thursday, February 15, 2007

Task 1 & 2


Well, here we are. Finally created a blog after setting up another free webmail account to go with the 30,000 others I've made and forgotten. I chose gmail again as it's my favorite of the free webmail services allowing the most functionality and tweaking IMO. In the past you could only sign up for gmail if you received an invitation. It appears that this is no longer necessary. There is now a direct link Sign up for Gmail on the homepage.

Let's see, why am I participating in PVLD's Learning 2.0 project? First of all, I think it's a great idea for all the staff to discover some of the great online technologies available to us. The more we know about what's going on in this "world" the more capable we are to meet the needs of the public. The online world is constantly evolving and it can be quite intimidating to jump in amongst all the tech savvy 14 and 15 year olds who are at the forefront of this evolution with their myspace pages, youtube videos and juvenile script kiddie attacks ;)
Completing these tasks can only help us to be a part of this great online world.

By the way, the "CS" in my name refers to one of the best online first person shooters ever created. I'll let you figure out exactly what it is. Google is your friend.

Lastly, the picture above is from the legendary finale of this years NFC Wild Card game between the Dallas Cowboys (boo!) and the Seattle Seahawks.

Where's my Wii???

No comments: